Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 20, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (8)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
    *****
    So this weekend I have pretty much been DEVOURING Rumors by Anna Godbersen-- she is undoubtedly one of my favorite YA authors! Rumors is the second book in The Luxe series. Made up of 4 books, the series centers around the lives of 4 different young women, growing up in New York City at the end of the 19th century. It's full of scandal and intrigue, and the writing is absolutely amazing! Since Penelope Hayes is the character on the cover of Rumors, my teaser for this week is taken from her perspective:

    "Penelope sensed that he had more compliments at the ready, but she signaled their superfluity with her hand. What did it matter anyway that she was so much lovelier than the other girls when Henry was so blind? The wretched tick of her heart was unbearable in her ears, but she could not fidget and she could not frown. She was realizing for the first time in her life what agony it was to experience such unquiet beneath an impeccable veneer."

    Oh my God, I love how AG writes! It's like music, it flows so perfectly... These are some of the best books I've read in a long time, and I'm glad I still have 2 more to look forward to :)

    What is everyone else reading this week??

    8 comments:

    1. I have to start reading this series. The covers are beautiful!!!

      Here is my teaser

      ReplyDelete
    2. I've never heard of this series (don't shoot me) but your excitement makes me curious.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I've been putting this series off for FAR too long!!

      The Bookish Brunette

      ReplyDelete
    4. I really want to read this series, thanks for the great teaser:)

      My Teaser Tuesday is from Matched by Ally Condie. Happy Reading! Jen @ A Reader's Journey

      ReplyDelete
    5. Great teaser and I LOVE the cover of Rumors! Here is my TT for this week: http://kelseyopsahl.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday-bag-of-bones.html

      ReplyDelete
    6. Great Teaser! sounds interesting!

      Paranormal Wastelands' TT
      http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday_21.html#comments

      ReplyDelete
    7. I have never read this one but a lot of my more romantic female students have devoured this series.

      My teasers are from The Strange Case of Finley Jayne by Kady Cross and Savor the Danger by Lori Foster. Happy reading!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Sounds like a tough situation to be in! I've heard great things about this series, I'm hoping to get to it soon!

      My teaser is from Madonna of the Seven Hills, which is a book about the Borgias.

      ReplyDelete

    Your comments make me happy :)

    Creative Commons License