Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 9, 2011

The Bright, Young & Luxe Event!



It's a party! 

Hello everyone! I want to welcome all of my wonderful readers to our celebration of Anna Godbersen's latest book release, Beautiful Days. Myself and the wonderful Tiffany from over at For Those About to Read are hosting a Bright, Young & Luxe Event-- check out what's going on below!

We look forward to seeing you throughout the week for all the fun!



What To Expect:

Reviews!

The Luxe
Bright Young Things

Discussions!

Penelope: love or hate her?
Splendid endings: Diana and Henry
Dead, famous, and married: the fates of Cordelia, Letty, and Astrid

Giveaways!
Photobucket
Sept 10-20th~ Check out the linky for all our participating bloggers

Interview with Anna!
Be on the look-out for an exclusive interview with the author herself


Check out Beautiful Days!
Click on the Beautiful Days book cover for more info on Anna's newest release


Book Review: The Luxe
We are kicking off the Bright, Young & Luxe Event with a book review of The Luxe, written by yours truly :) Seriously guys? You NEED to read this book if you love historical fiction, scandalous romance, or just an awesome story that you won't be able to put down! Check it out below!

Author: Anna Godberson
Release Date: November 20, 2007
Pages: 448
Read it in: 2 days


LC's Take: Reading this book was like devouring a giant, heavily-frosted piece of dark-chocolate cake with a big glass of golden, bubbly champagne—it was just a wonderfully decadent and guilty pleasure from beginning to end.

The year is 1899, and sisters Elizabeth and Diana Holland are caught up in all the opulent wealth and scandalous intrigue of New York City’s Gilded Age. Anna Godberson does an incredible job of bringing this world to life in all its vibrant color—I absolutely loved it! From the witty dialogue to the luxurious descriptions of upper-class life, to the dynamics that unfold between the characters, this book had me hooked within the first couple pages.

The cast of characters really stood out for me. From Elizabeth Holland, the elder sister who is pulled along by her sense of duty to her family and outwardly conforms to all the etiquette of her class (while secretly harboring a love affair with the family’s coachman), to Diana Holland, the younger sister who is calculating, unconventional and rebellious towards everything having to do with “high society.”

The Luxe has totally turned my opinion and restored all my faith in the brilliance of historical fiction (which I have said I’m not a fan of). I absolutely adored this book and thought that its portrayal was not only accurate but vividly real in its descriptions of high society at the end of the 19th century. I loved all of the little details that painted such an amazingly brilliant and beautiful world-- for me they were almost as much fun to read as all the tantalizing secrets and scandals ;)

Get ready to be pulled into a 19th century soap opera where everyone is beautiful and no one can be trusted with their dirty secrets and two-faced games... Honestly, I haven’t had this much fun reading a book in a long time and could NOT put it down. LOVED it and can’t wait to read the sequels!!

LC’s Rating:
Photobucket
The Luxe is one big indulgent treat that you can’t help but find absolutely delicious!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love the chocolate cake analogy -- that's PERFECT. Loved these books....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, hey...I just found your blog and I'm loving it. I'm a high school English teacher and my girls love the Luxe series. I remember reading a blog post about how they designed the cover of the first book, and I thought it was so neat. The covers are gorgeous! Thanks for having this contest!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy :)

Creative Commons License