Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (1)


Today's bookish meme that I am trying out for the first time is called "Waiting On Wednesday." It is hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, and the purpose is to share with you a book that I am either looking forward to being released or a book that I'm excited about reading... Well, I actually have QUITE the list put together of titles that I am dying to read, but the one that is standing out in my memory right now-- due to the pure creepiness of the cover-- is The Replacement by Brenna Yavanoff. I mean, have you seen the cover for this book? A baby carriage with a bunch of sharp, rusty knives and scissors dangling over it under a tree? Eeeek!! And the plot summary sounds pretty intriguing too:

"Mackie Doyle is not one of us. Though he lives in the small town of Gentry, he comes from a world of tunnels and black murky water, a world of living dead girls ruled by a little tattooed princess. He is a Replacement, left in the crib of a human baby sixteen years ago. Now, because of fatal allergies to iron, blood, and consecrated ground, Mackie is fighting to survive in the human world.
Mackie would give anything to live among us, to practice on his bass or spend time with his crush, Tate. But when Tate's baby sister goes missing, Mackie is drawn irrevocably into the underworld of Gentry, known as Mayhem. He must face the dark creatures of the Slag Heaps and find his rightful place, in our world, or theirs.

Edward Scissorhands meets The Catcher in the Rye in this wildly imaginative and frighteningly beautiful horror novel about an unusual boy and his search for a place to belong."



Ummm.... Edward Scissorhands meets Catcher in the Rye?? Oh yeah! This is gonna be good :) I still have that gigantic stack to make my way through in my living room, but I just might have to bump this one to the front!!



6 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good things about this book but haven't exactly picked it up yet and I just love the cover! I hope you'll enjoy it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a really good time reading this book. I hope you enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Replacement is such a good book. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Read it with a light on. :)

    Reading Lark's WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Edward Scissorhands meets Catcher in the Rye? I'm in!

    Melissa's Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, I've been wanting to read this one forever!! I hope you like it!
    Check out what I'm waiting for!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy :)

Creative Commons License